Training to Elevate Results
Thinka’s ‘Elevate Results’ Workshop
What you’ll explore
- A holistic approach to getting results
- Identifying where you need the lift
- Coaching for performance and results
- Progress and checking-in on performance
- Measuring and giving feedback on results
What you’ll apply
- An understanding of what uplift looks like
- Skills in identifying tangible results
- An ability to coach with a results-focus
- Check-ins to measure progress
- An ability to give candid feedback on results
As organisations, elevating results is about driving high performance and supporting employees to stretch themselves and grow. This training helps leaders establish skills in team building, performance coaching, and understanding people’s specific needs. When leaders show how to achieve results and role model high performance, it sets an expectation for their teams. This helps leaders develop greater influence so they can drive toward and achieve goals.
Working with organisations across Australia, we know how important high performing teams and results are to overall business success. Here are some reasons why:
- Flatter hierarchies: More and more, organisations are becoming flatter with employees having more responsibility and autonomy than ever before – especially in hybrid working environments. Teams are expected to take more ownership of projects and tasks they’re assigned – with stronger accountability attached to results.
- Rise of ‘human skills’: More and more, organisations are helping employees develop both technical skills and soft skills to achieve results. Leaders need to have consistent coaching sessions with their direct reports and set training plans in place. Establishing clear expectations will help leaders manage conversations around behaviour and performance and push for results.
- Technology and rise of AI: Advancements in technology and the way we work will automate more manual work, changing job roles and what organisations consider valuable. Leaders with sophisticated performance coaching and team building skills will become increasingly desirable.
- Complex world of work: Living in a ‘VUCA’ (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) environment means that leaders will need to grow confidence and capability in their teams as a constant. Performance coaching techniques help leaders set goals with their teams, so team members understand how to achieve expected results.
- Role clarity: Because the lines are more blurred in modern workplaces, employees will continually need role clarity to achieve results. Leaders who can clarify goals and action steps with their direct reports are more likely to achieve high performance, especially when accountability is firmly established.
Overall, skills in elevating results and setting accountability can help organisations navigate these challenges and build trust with employees and business stakeholders. With this training and coaching sessions, organisations can set expectations, establish metrics and hold people accountable to roles and responsibilities.
With the help of this ‘Elevate Results’ Training Program, skills that leaders can put in place to enhance performance include:
- Strategic thinking: Leaders who understand what business results are expected, set up valuable metrics so performance can be measured. This gives leaders the ability to understand what high performance looks like, so they can better guide and coach team members toward success.
- Clear communication: Leaders who focus on results set firm expectations and healthy boundaries with their direct reports. Leaders who understand the specific needs of team members, and know how to manage barriers and behaviours, move people toward higher performance.
- Self-confidence: New initiatives and projects call for a focus on results from leaders. They are better equipped to support team members when they can set up tasks clearly, articulate problems, and identify solutions. Leaders who are invested in helping their team strive for that next level, boost their own self-confidence and the confidence of team members.
- Relationship management: A holistic focus on goal setting and high performance helps leaders in team building and the development of stronger relationships. Leaders can improve this by communicating their needs and expectations clearly and offering advice and recognition for work well done.
- Time management skills: Leaders who understand what results are important and set goals for their team, keep team members focussed on important priorities. Leaders can develop this kind of skillset by identifying high value versus low value tasks, clarifying expectations and deadlines, and by coaching to remove blockers.
By developing capability in driving for results, leaders can better manage people, projects and performance.
What is ‘Elevate Results’ Training?
Our ‘Elevate Results’ Training Sessions are specifically designed for leaders to develop skills in strategic thinking and coaching for high performance. It aims to provide participants with the strategies, tools and resources to apply their learning and lead with greater confidence. Our experienced facilitators have worked with many Australian leaders on professional development and will share case studies and stories to help your leaders.
Why should my organisation offer ‘Elevate Results’ Training?
Being part of ‘Elevate Results’ Training can help leaders become more self-confident, strategic and capable of putting successful coaching programs in place. It can also help leaders to break through barriers that might otherwise hold them back such as having crucial conversations or establishing metrics with their teams. The workshop experience is designed to encourage leaders to support each other and hone in on what will help them drive results with their teams.
Who can attend ‘Elevate Results’ Training?
‘Elevate Results’ Training is designed for senior leaders. The skills we focus on encourages clear and straightforward communication that helps them engage in goal setting, establishing metrics and coaching. However, this training can be easily customised for frontline leaders and teams as well.
Is ‘Elevate Results’ Training only available in person?
We deliver a lot of in-person workshops but ‘Elevate Results’ Training can be delivered in an in-person, virtual or hybrid format; depending on the organisation’s set-up. It is typically made up of strategies, discussions and a series of activities to support on the job application.
The training can be complemented with small group or one-on-one coaching sessions with a Thinka coach. Coaching plays an important role in challenging old behaviours and supporting leadership development in each of the participants. Organisations might also opt for a blended program that makes use of an online course and other forms of media as well.
Our collaborative partnership with Thinka has allowed us to successfully deliver innovative and challenging training to support the ongoing growth and development of our team members.