Why train feedback skills in your leaders?
Feedback has become a feared word but why? Granted it needs to be delivered with care but not delivering it to keep things ‘nice and polite’ is just as destructive. Building a safe feedback culture is the key to sustaining high performance. Once we know how to give outcome-focused and ‘fearless’ feedback, we realise it’s never personal and always about team success.
What teams will explore
- A model for giving feedback such as ‘BIO’
- Tough feedback and uncomfortable emotions
- Facing roadblocks and resistance
- Timely, relevant and specific feedback
- When things don’t change: repeat offenders!
What teams will apply
- A method for outcome-focused feedback
- Strategies for giving ‘fearless feedback’
- Techniques for breaking through blockers
- Saying what you really mean, when it matters
- Real-time check-ins and flexing your style