Motivation needs to come from both inside and outside for us to be truly connected to our work. Yet, most workplaces tend to focus only on external rewards. As leaders, we need to find out what makes team members tick and link them to meaningful projects, goals and stretch opportunities. Intrinsic motivation is the key to long-term career satisfaction.
What leaders will explore
- Intrinsic versus extrinsic motivation
- When to use reward and recognition
- Motivating from the inside: deep conversations
- The autonomy, mastery and purpose model
- Working with ‘hard to motivate’ people
What leaders will apply
- An understanding of what motivation is
- Ability to reward and recognise effectively
- Skills for motivation-related conversations
- Ways to intrinsically motivate self and others
- Techniques for addressing motivation levels
If you want a team that understand how to link a learning experience to a business result - these are your people. Experience, passion, and a relentless customer focus. I'm a raving fan.
The Good Guys