Why train skills in empathy in your team?
Many people think of empathy as something soft and fuzzy, and that by being vulnerable and caring about others it makes them weak. Yet empathy is one of the hardest human skills to cultivate. It’s about being aware and feeling into other people’s experiences – even when it’s uncomfortable and hard. When you’re truly empathetic, you’re prepared to be present with others; offering support but suspending judgement. There’s nothing soft about this skill and teams are all the richer and more productive because of it.
What teams will explore
- A definition of empathy and what it means
- Values and how they shape behaviour
- Untangling difficult emotions: a framework
- Using language to promote connection
- Cultivating long-term relationships
What teams will apply
- Skills to empathise and accept differences
- Understanding of people’s personal values
- Skills to work through emotional ambiguity
- A vocabulary for connecting with others
- An ability to value long-term over short-term
If you want a team that understand how to link a learning experience to a business result - these are your people. Experience, passion, and a relentless customer focus. I'm a raving fan
The Good Guys