Teams aren’t going to magically respond to the words ‘I need you to be more creative!’ They needs skills, strategies and techniques to work practically with creativity, so that it’s not just an abstract word. Give them a meaty problem and the tools to solve it and take your team from ‘same, same’, to knowing how to ideate and explore with a bias toward action.
What teams will explore
- Defining creativity as a learnable skill
- Identifying the opportunity, need or problem
- Divergent and convergent thinking
- Tools like the ‘Six Thinking Hats’
- Ideation session and‘ hackathon’ frameworks
What teams will apply
- A growth mindset approach to creativity
- Clearly defining the creative challenge
- Applying thinking styles to creative challenges
- The right thinking tool for the problem
- Techniques for hacking a creative block
Working with THINKA was easy and enjoyable. Ben really listened to hear the needs of the group and the outcomes we were wanting to create and then put together a great session that was really interactive. He created a safe space for everyone to be vulnerable and go deep in to the work.