Vision Setting Training
Thinka’s ‘Inspire Vision’ Workshop
Everyone has the potential to be a charismatic leader with a big vision – one that makes a team sit and up and listen. Give your team a glimpse of the future by reading trends and applying skills in strategic foresight. And remember that vision is equal parts optimism and realism – execution is just as important as the idea. The commitment to produce something tangible is what makes vision more than a pipe dream.
What you’ll explore
- Strategic foresight and reading trends
- The power of divergent thinking
- Communicating a vision to the team
- Converging on execution strategies
- Experimentation and the role of failure
What you’ll apply
- Skills in applying strategic foresight
- Divergent and convergent thinking
- Presentation skills for ‘painting a picture’
- Strategies for taking action and execution
- Learning through experiments and ‘failing’
The ability to set a clear vision and inspire people elevates a leader’s communication skills. Some of the best leaders have been visionary leaders who are skilled in getting buy-in and communicating a vision to their team. When leaders establish a clear vision statement, they are better able to present the big picture to stakeholders and empower their teams. The purpose of this workshop is to help leaders feel confident to use a more visionary leadership style and achieve better outcomes with their teams and stakeholders.
Working with organisations across Australia, we know that communication is the #1 skill sought after by leaders and teams. Here are some reasons why being able to communicate vision is essential in modern workplaces:
- Increased stakeholder engagement: Leaders are managing more complex networks than ever before in this highly connected, digitised world. Leaders will will need to communicate the big picture and encourage stakeholders to invest in a shared vision. Working across these large stakeholder networks is made easier with visionary techniques.
- Rise of ‘human skills’: More and more, organisations are helping leaders develop both technical skills and soft skills. Leaders with strong communication skills, who can positively influence others and earn the team’s respect, are in demand. Visionary strategies will help leaders connect their team to goals and aims, increasing employee engagement.
- Technology and rise of AI: Advancements in technology and the way we work will automate more manual work, changing job roles and what organisations consider valuable. Leaders with a visionary leadership style, who can drive organisational innovation and change, will become increasingly desirable.
- Complex world of work: Living in a ‘VUCA’ (volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous) environment means that leaders will need to give confidence and assurance to their teams constantly. Visionary and transformational leadership styles help leaders present a clearer picture for their teams so they understand the organisation’s vision of the future.
- Role clarity: Because the lines are more blurred in modern workplaces, employees will continually need role clarity and to understand their part in organisation’s vision. Good communication skills give leaders an edge in dealing with conversations related to role clarity and finding agreement on tasks – so outcomes can be achieved.
Overall, skills in communicating a compelling vision can help leaders navigate these challenges and develop greater self-confidence. With Thinka’s ‘Inspire Vision’ Training, coaching sessions, and support from peers, leaders can engage in more effective leadership and present the big picture with ease.
With the help of this training, fundamentals that leaders can put in place to enhance capability include:
- Storytelling: When leaders can use different storytelling techniques, they are able to communicate information to others in compelling ways. This style of leadership communication helps to inspire and drive others to action – leading to enhanced employee engagement.
- Communication: Leaders who can apply effective visionary skills are better able to appeal to different communication styles. Leaders can flex and adapt communication techniques to the situation at hand and get greater buy-in on initiatives.
- Self-confidence: New situations, projects and ever-changing work environments call for strong and positive influence from leaders. They are better equipped to support team members when they have skills to communicate a compelling vision and an ability to relate to others.
- Relationship building: With emotional intelligence and visionary techniques, leaders build positive, healthy relationships with others. Leaders can improve this by being across the latest insights, developing skills in adaptability, and flexing across different communication styles.
- Team motivation: When leaders communicate initiatives in a positive way while considering others and their contribution, they get better buy-in. Leaders can build this this capability by making sure a vision feels as though it can be shared and that it has appeal for a broader audience.
By developing capability in vision setting, leaders can grow their influence and inspire action on initiatives to achieve greater outcomes.
What is ‘Inspire Vision’ training?
This workshop is specifically designed for leaders to develop leadership skills in visionary communication. It aims to provide learners with the strategies, tools and resources to apply their learning and lead with greater confidence. Our experienced facilitators have worked with many Australian leaders on vision and storytelling skills and will share case studies and stories to help your leaders.
Why should my organisation offer ‘Inspire Vision’ training?
Vision setting training can help your leaders become more influential and get buy-in on new organisational initiatives. It can also help leaders break through barriers to grow capability in sophisticated communication skills. The workshop experience is designed to help leaders learn from each other and build connections that can be sustained in the real-world.
Who can attend ‘Inspire Vision’ Training?
This training is designed for leaders. The skills we focus on helps leaders understand storytelling and persuasion skills, so they can confidently put forward a compelling vision. However, this training can be easily customised for team members or executive groups as well.
Is ‘Inspire Vision’ training only available in person?
This training can be delivered in an in-person workshop or as online training; depending on the organisation’s set-up. It is typically made up of strategies, discussions and a series of activities to support on the job application.
The training can be complemented with coaching sessions with a Thinka coach. Coaching plays an important role in challenging old behaviours and building fresh confidence and capability in each of the participants.